Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Names


If your ass ever gets sore from that high-horse you ride around on, do a Google search of your birth name.
You’re likely to find that there are people out there who share your name and are doing far more important things than you could ever dream of.
No offence.

I Google my name on a bi-monthly basis- just to keep perspective (and cuz I get bored)
There are Kathy Evans’s who are Inner city Highschool Principals, successful web-designers, and have spear-headed research in Autism. Some are black, some are white, they are young, old, but they all have one thing in common; they are all far more interesting than I could ever be.
There is even a Kathy Evans in Illinois who lists her profession as a “suburban shaman”.
How cool is that!!?

Nothing compares to the Kathy Evans of urban legend who is said to be the “dumbest contestant to ever appear of ‘who wants to be a millionaire’”. It is a made up story, but she does us all proud.

I wish it were true.
Legend has it she blew her chance by not knowing which was larger “an elephant or the moon”.
Go us!!

I’ve done a search of some of my friends and family. They are also dull in comparison.

And a few questions for them:
Lisa, ever think of running a Ringette Camp?
Brother John, hows life as the Governor?
Pete, when do I get to taste your award winning/world famous Bison recipe?

Somewhere one of my name-sakes may be doing a similar search and have reason to question her decision make alot of money in highend real-estate. Afterall, there is a Kathy Evans in Canada who wrote a little song about drinking a Lot of Mojitos.
Suck it up Kath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment